Your rights under general data protection rights (GDPR)
GDPR is European law that extends your data protection and privacy rights. The main aims of GDPR are to make companies more accountable for storing your data and to make data storage more transparent. Your rights under GDPR are:
- The right to be informed – all organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access – individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – an individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.
What data Roland Dransfield collects
Roland Dransfield collects your personal data should you choose to sign up to receive news and updates from Roland Dransfield or download one of our resources or whitepapers. This includes:
- Full name
- Email address
- Company name
- Phone number
- Marketing challenges
How and why Roland Dransfield collect your data
Roland Dransfield collects certain information to use in our new business and marketing campaigns and to subscribe you to various updates from Roland Dransfield.
Roland Dronfield will only use your data should you give us your express permission if you have filled out a form on our website.
How Roland Dransfield use your data
Any data that you allow Roland Dransfield access to will only be used to market Roland Dransfield’s services, invite you to Roland Dransfield events, or send you Roland Dransfield updates.
Keeping your data secure
All data collected by Roland Dransfield will be stored securely in hosted facilities by Hubspot.
Third party data access
Roland Dransfield may be required to share your data with some selected third parties. This could include a venue or caterer should you have dietary needs ahead of an event.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our clients and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How you can control this use of your data
Should you wish to view the data that we have stored for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe from our emails, please let us know. You can also write to us at:
Roland Dransfield PR
2 Atherton Street,
Roland Dransfield’s data controller
Roland Dransfield processes personal data both as a processor and a controller as defined in GDPR.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address or personal information to any third party without your permission.
Communication & marketing
If you are an existing client, joined our mailing list or submitted an enquiry we may occasionally update you on our latest services, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone.
We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this website or number of purchases made. We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this website on our behalf using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors’ screen settings and other general information. Roland Dransfield PR uses and stores this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users. Further information regarding the way in which this information is obtained and used can be obtained by contacting us.
Disclosures of your information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that Roland Dransfield PR sells or buys any business or assets;
If Roland Dransfield PR or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Roland Dransfield PR, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Checking your details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to Roland Dransfield PR you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
You have the right to access the information which Roland Dransfield PR holds about you and your right of access can be exercised.
We are always pleased to hear from our clients (even if it is a complaint!). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our clients are completely satisfied – we want to work with you and want you to recommend us to your friends, family and associates. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact the Roland Dransfield PR team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.