“Roland Dransfield was instrumental in making strategic introductions for us to City influencers, business development organisations and particularly the media including CityCo, North West Business Insider, Marketing Manchester and Forever Manchester as well as making recommendations and opening doors to potential corporate partners. They have been hugely instrumental in establishing the Nuffield Health brand in Manchester."Barbara Baker, Marketing Manager, Nuffield Health
Roland Dransfield was appointed by Nuffield Health following a competitive pitch process. The challenge was to:
- Deliver a successful consultation programme to help secure planning permission for the planned £70m hospital
- Support the launch of the £7m Nuffield Health Diagnostic Suite at Citilabs on Oxford Road
- Introduce the Nuffield brand into Greater Manchester
As a new brand to the City Nuffield Health had an extremely low profile and needed a strong campaign to help launch its new model of health and wellbeing and achieve planning permission for the forthcoming hospital and Diagnostic Suite.
We worked with Nuffield’s corporate communications team to create a strategy and key messages before establishing a 12-month calendar of media activity to raise awareness of the Nuffield brand.
As well as an extensive media relations programme (stories included: Barbara Baker’s appointment as Manchester Market Director, the sponsorship of Salford Triathlon, the launch of a new Diagnostic Suite and the development of the plans for the new hospital) it was imperative that we also made introductions for key spokespeople and delivered strategic partnerships.
This included identifying networking opportunities and speaker platforms for individuals such as Nuffield’s Market Director Barbara Baker to create partnership and brand ambassador roles. At the same time, all media delivery had to be consistent with Nuffield’s corporate communications team to ensure consistency of key messaging.
We implemented a stakeholder consultation programme to support the hospital’s planning application which included direct communication with all local residents, press and PR, advertising and holding a series of exhibitions to showcase the proposed plans.
- More than 100 pieces of press coverage were achieved
- Secured athlete Diane Modahl to open the Diagnostic Suite and to be a brand advocate for Nuffield Health. This programme included support and advice for the youngsters taking part in Diane’s Sport’s Foundation programme
- Headline sponsorship of North West Insider’s Business of Health Breakfast event which was held at the Diagnostic Suite
- A newsletter was drafted for internal communication
- Secured the lead story and a 4 page spread in the Manchester Evening News’ Health of the City supplement which we arranged to appear to co-incide with the launch of the Diagnositic Suite
- Nuffield had direct contact with over 500 households locally via letter drops
- A successful consultation event was held at St Chrysostem’s Church and meetings held with Xavarian College and the Victoria Park Residents Group
- Introductions made to City Co, Marketing Manchester and Forever Manchester
The campaign quickly established Nuffield Health as a significant contributor to the region’s health and wellbeing market. We secured relevant platforms to raise the profile of the Manchester Market Director Barbara Baker and created strategic partnerships with high-profile sports personalities, media platforms and business organisations.
The delivery of a successful consultation programme saw Nuffield’s new hospital granted planning permission which was the overarching objective of the campaign.
- 100+ pieces of press coverage achieved to embed Nuffield into the city
- Approved successful consultation programme saw the new hospital planning application approved
- Partnerships numerous media and commercial partnerships created