“I have personally seen over £50,000 worth of new business as a result of the Venturous Builds campaign, securing three developments of over 50 units combined. The project also helped in cementing relationships with existing clients who were happy to showcase their developments.”James Topping, Senior Relationship Manager
CRL, the third largest structural defects insurer in the UK approached Roland Dransfield to produce a campaign to:
- Increase enquiries for CRL’s insurance services
- Raise awareness of the CRL brand with a wider target audience than the company ever had before
- Showcase the company’s insurance offering, specialist support, expertise and passion for building projects that ‘think outside the box’
- Differentiate CRL from its closest competitors – raising the volume of the company’s voice in a noisy market
- Re-enforce CRL’s brand ideals, key messages and brand personality – “Championing the venturous of spirit”
The campaign was created to resonate with CRL’s core demographic:
- Small to medium property developers
- Building and construction professionals associated with “Venturous projects”
To really hammer home CRL’s brand statement, “Construction insurance for the Venturous of Spirit” we created a campaign that focussed on the human stories behind self-built homes.
Venturous Builds was born. We created a campaign that asked self-builders to submit their projects for a chance to be featured on an exclusive web series and win a Venturous Builds award.
To launch the campaign, we wanted to position CRL as disruptive and venturous, sending them where no insurance provider had been before – to space! <video> We 3D printed CRL’s logo and filmed it climbing to 33KM into the air, seeing the curvature of the earth!
After this launch stunt, we directed people to a microsite where they could enter their self-build projects for a chance to win a £1,000 and to feature in the web series.
We secured feature articles in key trade and consumer publications to further drive traffic to the website and encourage entries.
We partnered with Wayne Hemingway MBE to be the host and key judge for the campaign. Once we had our winners, we filmed each project and Wayne interviewed each owner.
- Five videos published to CRL social channels
- 21,228 clicks and 57,522 video views
- 2.3m+ reach on social media
- Wayne Hemingway as brand ambassador and web series host
- 3.5m+ read about CRL in their target publications
- 82 pieces of industry specific press coverage to date
- Venturous Builds most read story on iBuild website for three consecutive months
- Drove more than 34,000 visitors to landing page on CRL website
- 5.8 Million+ people reached
- 57,228 video views
- £500,000+ of new business as a result of the campaign